July 4th Parade Information

You can click the link at the end of this sentence to download a copy of the flyer for this event: <July4-2015> Hope to see our neighbors there, and Happy Independence Day!

Screen Shot 2015-06-29 at 7.03.00 AM

Comments Off on July 4th Parade Information

Filed under Uncategorized

Park Santiago Traffic Circle Petitions

Attached you will find one petition to keep the circle and the other to remove the circle.
Please feel free to collect multiple signatures per sheet.
You can email them directly to Francisco or email them back to me and I will forward them on.
If you email them to Francisco please CC my address as well so we can keep a complete record.
Thank you,

Michael O’Valle
psna.michael@gmail.com

Francisco Orellana
Senior Engineer
forellana@santa-ana.org

 

Comments Off on Park Santiago Traffic Circle Petitions

Filed under Uncategorized

Park Santiago Dumpster Day!!!

Click on image to view flyer!

Comments Off on Park Santiago Dumpster Day!!!

Filed under Uncategorized

June 3, 2015 PSNA Meeting Agenda

Weds., June 3, 2015
Park Santiago Neighborhood Association Meeting Agenda
7 p.m., Lawn Bowling Clubhouse
 
1.    Introductions
2.    Secretary’s report: determine quorum, approve minutes from April meeting (Béa)
3.    Treasurer’s report (Bill)
4.    Committee reports. If anyone from any committee has a report, please share. Committees include:
·      Traffic (see agenda item 7 below)
·      Community Watch
·      Communications, including e-news, Newsletter, and Website
·      Hoover linkage
·      Hospitality (including upcoming July 4 Parade and possible Concert in Park)
·      Santiago Park
·      Budget
·      Elections and bylaws
5.    Announcements (including death of a neighbor)/other
6.    Updates: Most Beautiful homes; Neighborhood Hero, dumpsters
7.    Update: Traffic survey and solutions to traffic issues (Kathy McSorley and Traffic Committee
8.    Guest speaker: Mark  McLoughlin will speak about Santa Ana College’s Centennial Celebration; and the Santa Ana Historic  Registry and Mills Act  Agreements
 

Comments Off on June 3, 2015 PSNA Meeting Agenda

Filed under Uncategorized

Park Santiago Meeting Minutes Weds., April 1, 2015 (Draft)

Weds., April 1, 2015
Park Santiago Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes (Draft)
7 p.m., Lawn Bowling Clubhouse
 
1.    Introductions: All four ex. board members present, plus the following QRs: Delores, Deborah, Kathy, Patty, Bobbie, Rick
2.    Secretary’s report: (Béa) Quorum determined, minutes from Feb. passed unanimously
3.    Treasurer’s report (Bill)- Beginning balance:  $4,509.11 Deposits: $45 Checks cleared: $65.00 Current balance: $4,489.11
4.    Committee reports. If anyone from any committee has a report, please share. Committees include:
·      Traffic (see agenda item 7 below)
·      Community Watch: Rick will be in touch with Teresa S. to take over.
·      Communications, including e-news, Newsletter, and Website (see agenda item 6)
·      Hoover linkage: Bobbie said the principal is stepping down.
·      Hospitality: Christine Helvig wants to organize a progressive dinner. Béa T. will organize July 4 parade again. Mike O. may organize CITP.
·      Santiago Park: The trail will be redone at some point.
·      Budget: We don’t have enough to do CITP this year unless we can raise funds for it, Bill said.
·      Elections and bylaws
5.    Announcements/other
·      Ask for MBH nominations on Facebook, website, Nextdoor; Bill will take charge of organizing nominations
·      Neighborhood Hero: Individuals can nominate; Bobbie nominated Casey DePersis. Motion passed unanimously.
·      Dumpster: Michael will contact Casey and try to organize something before the end of June
·      Bobbie would like someone from the Historic Society to come speak at our June meeting. Bobbie will organize Mark McLoughlin to come speak.
6.    Newsletter needs more distributors. Rick Martinez has agreed to fill in as needed to take over for distributers no longer volunteering. We need to let Denise know that Rick can handle them all as needed. A woman on the 2500 block of north Santiago said she hasn’t gotten her newsletter in two years. We voted nearly unanimously to let Rick take over distribution (Rick abstained, one person voted against). Bobbie suggested the printer package them in bundles of 200. Patty suggested we add a donation form to each newsletter.
7.     Traffic survey and solutions to traffic issues (Kathy McSorley and Traffic Committee) – City added striping on Virginia to slow down traffic. City will be adding a temporary traffic circle at French& Santa Clara (which the neighborhood can choose to vote to remove if they don’t like it).

Comments Off on Park Santiago Meeting Minutes Weds., April 1, 2015 (Draft)

Filed under Minutes

Park Santiago Traffic Improvements

TrafficCircle Temporary traffic circle to be installed at Santa Clara and French St.

Roundabout [French and Santa Clara]

Why Roundabouts with Optimization (ITE Pres)

Comments Off on Park Santiago Traffic Improvements

Filed under PARK SANTIAGO

Park Santiago Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes, February 4th 2015

Weds., Feb. 4, 2015
Park Santiago Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes (draft)
7 p.m., Lawn Bowling Clubhouse
 
1.    Introductions
In attendance: Michael O. (President); Jim R. (VP) Béa T. (Sec.), Bill B. (Treasurer); and the following Quad. Reps: Kathy McS., Rick M., Debra H., NE;  Paul L., NE; Bobbie R., SW; Rick M, SW; Patty M., NW; Veronica A.;
2.  Secretary’s report: Quorum was met. November minutes were approved unanimously
3.  Treasurer’s report (Bill): Began with $4,900; disbursements included newsletter fees; current amount in bank is about  $4,550.
4.  Committee reports. If anyone from any committee has a report, please share. Committees include:
·      Traffic (see agenda item 8 below)
·      Community Watch: Rick Martinez volunteered to take over. Béa said she’d put him in touch with our old CW leader
·      Communications, including e-news, Newsletter, and Website: Mike and Béa gave updates
·      Hoover linkage: Bobbie said things are going well there
·      Hospitality (including funds request for Easter Event-Sarah K.): Reservation needed ASAP. $300 approved unanimously. Bill said he and his wife will help volunteer.  Michael said he would be willing to help organize a Concert in the Park this year.  Christine Denny-Helvig may organize a progressive dinner this fall. Béa will be in touch.
·      Santiago Park – Back to Natives continues to expand the nursery in the park
·      Budget
·      Elections and bylaws
5 .  Announcements/other:
– First Congregation has a craft boutique planned in March.
– Scott Kutner said his office is available to help us with our needs. He’ll keep us abreast of the new medical center planned for 17th& Lincoln. A Grade separation may also be happening at the railroad tracks at that point (17th would go under the tracks) Expanse of Town & Country Senior center has been approved.  New Retail may be coming to 17th & Grande. He will be in contact with Michael O. to plan to speak at a future meeting
– A neighbor talked about the 4th St. Market and the bakery attached to the Playground, which is giving out free bakery samples with drink purchase
6.  Discussion: graffiti issues (Paul Lujan): He’s concerned about graffiti near railroad tracks. There is a graffiti app now, or you can call the graffiti hotline. Paul will give the app info to Béa to pass on to Sarah.
7.  Update: Transformer fires and power outages (Dolores Aguilar) – Dolores was absent, but Paul shared her concerns. There have been two fires/transformer issues this winter in the Northeast part of the neighborhood. Paul and Dolores are looking into specifics about why this is happening.
8.  Solutions to traffic issues (Kathy McSorley and Traffic Committee). Kathy said a committee has met with city officials to discuss solutions. We will put a neighborhood survey out in the next newsletter. Neighbors can deliver it to quad reps or the PO Box. Mary Maduena also said we could drop off surveys with her at 405 Virginia. Our discussion included the following:
·      A neighbor asked if the survey could be done electronically, not just via paper.
·      The proposed survey was read at the meeting.
·      Béa asked if addresses could be added to survey.
·      We discussed whether specific issues (speed humps, traffic diverters, etc.) should be included on the survey. We decided that was premature, and should be on a future survey if we determine a problem exists. 
·      An introduction should be added to the survey explaining its purpose.
·      Béa and Kathy will send final proposed survey draft to PSNA Board for approval prior to newsletter and e-distribution
 

Comments Off on Park Santiago Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes, February 4th 2015

Filed under Minutes