Park Santiago Neighborhood Association Meeting Agenda (Draft)
Wed., Aug. 3, 2016 – 7 p.m., Lawn Bowling Clubhouse
- Secretary’s report (including need for substitute): (Béa)
- Treasurer’s report: (Bill)
- Committee reports:
- Community Watch
- Communications, including e-news; and Newsletter and Website committees
- Hoover linkage
- Elections and bylaws (including proposed bylaw amendment—see below. We will discuss wording tonight and the association will vote on changes at the Nov. meeting.)
- Santiago Park
- Next meetings: First Weds. of the following months: October and November. Guest speakers TBD. See ideas in minutes from last meeting.
- Guest speaker: Judson Brown, Housing Division Manager, Community Development Agency, Housing and Neighborhood Development Division. Mr. Brown will discuss long-term solutions to homelessness in our community.
Park Santiago Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes (draft)
Wed., June 1, 2016 – 7 p.m., Lawn Bowling Clubhouse
- Present: Béa, Michael, Bill; and Quad Reps Patty, Janelle, Kathleen H., Bobbie
- Secretary’s report: (Béa) – no quorum, but we nearly had a quorum, so we’ll meet it via email before voting on all matters starred below. (In other words, we were QR and one vote short on each.) Minutes from last meeting passed unanimously, with changes highlighted below, by all board members present (pending e-vote). *
- Treasurer’s report: (Bill) We’ve issued one check since the last meeting for Easter supplies, and one has cleared for $109.59. Last balance was $4,247.80, and closing balance this month $4,138.21.
- July 4th Parade (Béa, Ling-ka Brown, Meaghan Laverty) $300 voted in unanimously by all board members present (pending email vote). *
- Progressive Dinner (Christine D.) $300 voted in unanimously by all board members present (pending email vote). *
- Committee reports:
- Traffic- Peggy W. has moved. Dale and Michael are now co-chairs. Couple with new baby (who had agreed to help) hasn’t been in touch. Sue McDonald said she heard that, when railroad improvements are made at Lincoln and 17th, they may have to reroute traffic through our neighborhood.
- Community Watch – We should put a blast out on Nextdoor forum as we don’t have a current leader. Bobbie mentioned the need for more code enforcement.
- Communications, including e-news; and Newsletter and Website committees – We should put a blast out on Nextdoor forum as we don’t have a current leader. A motion was passed unanimously to pay a 50% stipend (via ad revenue) for anyone willing to put together a newsletter. The other 50% will pay for printing and any left over will go into our treasury. Béa will write up classified ad.
- Hoover linkage – The principal and superintendent have resigned. Interviews are taking place for replacements.
- Hospitality – Progressive dinner (planned for early fall) and July 4th parade are being planned.
- Elections and bylaws – Béa will write up a potential by-law change to make it easier for Quad Reps to send representatives (up to twice yearly) in order to help us make quorum.
- Santiago Park – We discussed the homeless problem. They are allowed to be in the park by day but not overnight. We discussed potential solutions, but there isn’t much we can do as individual private citizens. New park rangers have been hired.
- Budget – No additions
- Next meetings: First Weds. of the following months: August, October and November. Possible guest speakers: Bobbie will try to arrange for code enforcement to come out for one meeting, Angie Amezcua for another, and a city arborist for the August meeting. Bill said a pesticide vendor has been hired by the city to try to save trees that are infested by beetles or other pests.
- Announcements/other. None. Meeting adjourned at 8:02.
* All motions passed via e-vote when Dolores A. sent email of approval.
PROPOSED BYLAW AMENDMENTS (SEE TEXT IN BOLD)
ARTICLE XVll QUORUMS
If a quorum is not reached, NO ASSOCIATION business can be conducted. The acceptable motion is to “adjourn to the next scheduled meeting.” Under exceptional circumstances when there is an urgent need, quorum may be established and a vote taken via electronic media.
Section 2: Executive Board
Two of the current Executive officers must be present. The secretary or the Secretary’s designated alternate must be present to take minutes. “Current Executive officer” is defined as any officer who has not missed two or more consecutive general board meetings.
Section 3: General Board
50% of all current Quad Reps must be present. “Current Quad Rep” is defined as any elected or appointed Quad Rep who has not missed two or more consecutive board meetings. Quad Reps who cannot be present may send an alternate of their choice up to twice per year. The alternate must reside in their quad and be at least 18 years of age. The Quad Rep must inform all executive board members in writing (such as by text or email) about their choice of alternate at least one hour prior to the meeting.
Section 4: Association General Meeting
Those present at the meeting provided that notice of the meeting was given by newsletter, or hand-delivered flyer, or reasonable electronic means 14 days before the meeting date to all residents.